In order to carry out the assigned tasks / functions, NDMA’s organizational structure is divided into three wings namely Administration & Finance Wing, Disaster Risk Reduction and Operations with functions described below :-
Administration & Finance (A&F) Wing
- Manage all Administrative and Financial matters of NDMA.
- Provide complete Administrative Support to NDMA Operations Wing.
- Order, Procure, Transport and keep record of relief goods.
- Management of Human Resource and related matters.
- Management / Maintenance of NDMA transport vehicles.
- Management all Administrative, Finance and Audit matters.
Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Wing
- Handling all matters related to Disaster Risk Reduction Policies, Risk Insurance, Flood related issues, Disaster Awareness and National Disaster Management Committee (NDMC).
- Implement, Execute Projects and Evaluate all matters related to National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP).
- Monitor and Evaluate Plans, Strategies at National, Provincial, District level as well as civil sector.
- Mainstream Disaster Risk Reduction into Development sector.
- Manage International Cooperation, Global Frameworks and Regional organizations.
- Coordinate with United Nations Agencies, Bilateral / Multilateral Organisations and International Non-Government Organisations (INGOs) / Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
Operations (OPS) Wing
- Manage National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC).
- Supervise and Coordinate Relief and Rescue Operations (Inland and Foreign).
- Prepare Situation Updates / Briefs.
- Make Contingency Plans for the country.
- Supervise all matters related to Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) Teams.
- Make Briefs / Presentations for Prime Minister, President, Members of Senate & National Assembly and other Dignitaries.
- Coordinate relief efforts with Federal / Provincial Authorities, Armed Forces and Organisations.
- Contingency Plans for full spectrum of Disasters faced by Pakistan.